The Kingdom of Cambodia, bordered by Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, and the Gulf of Thailand, is a country full of art, culture and history. Aside from the magnificent temples of Angkor, Cambodia has uniquely retained the many charms of yesteryear Asia. Rice paddies, water buffalos, indigenous farming and fishing, long forgotten cooking techniques, traditional silk weaving, and deep-rooted local music + customs can all be observed without straying far from Green Leaf Boutique Hotel & Retreat Center.
Below you will find useful information for planning your trip.
Cambodian visas for most nationalities can be arranged in advance online as an e-visa; Visa-on-arrival is also available, however, processing time can be lengthy. The cost for a 30-day visa is between USD 30. If travelling by air, forms for visa-on-arrival, customs and other documents are available from most airport check-in desks, on board your flight, or at the immigration arrival area at the Siem Reap International Airport. If opting for the visa-on-arrival, we recommend carrying with you 2-3 passport pictures. Please check with your travel agent or nearest Cambodian Embassy for latest requirements for Cambodian Visas.
Although the official currency of Cambodia is the Riel, the US Dollar is widely used and accepted. US Dollars are available from most ATMs in town, subject to exchange and bank fees. Please keep in mind that old or torn US Dollar bills will not be accepted by most merchants. Make sure your Dollar bills are as crisp as possible to avoid any problems.
Green Leaf Boutique Hotel & Retreat Center is easily accessible from the Siem Reap International Airport (REP). We offer complimentary airport pickup, so once you book your stay with us, make sure to notify us about your arrival details.
Siem Reap does not offer conventional Taxi services. Tuk Tuks are the way to get around town. To avoid the hassle and time of haggling over price, we recommend our reasonably priced Tuk Tuk and car services. Be it Airport Transfers, Tours, or simply a night out in the town, our hotel cars and drivers are at your service.
Cambodia Country Information
- Main Language: Khmer
- Main Religion: Buddhism (Theravada)
- Population: 15.76 million (2016)
- Ethnic group: Khmer, Vietnamese and Chinese minorities
- Monetary unit: 4,100 riel = 1 USD
- Climate: tropical humid climate: rainy season (May to November) and dry season (December to April)
- Capital: Phnom Penh
- Major Cities: Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Sihanouk Ville, Koh Kong
- Area: 181,035 sq km (69,898 sq miles) : Water 2.5%
- Border countries: Laos 541 km, Thailand 803 km, Vietnam 1,228 km
- Coastline: 443 km
- Independence: 9 November 1953
- Major Exports: Garments, Fisheries Products, Rubber
- Major Export Trading Countries: United States, Germany, UK, Singapore, Japan
- Major Imports: petroleum products, construction materials, vehicles and motorcycles, clothing
- Major Import Trading Countries: Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, South Korea
- Internet domain: .kh
- International dialling code: +855
- Electricity: 220V AC 50 Hz
- Driving: Right hand side; International Driving Permit required
- Direct Flight: from Bangkok, Taipei, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, Vientiane, Kuala Lumpur, and Guangzhou
- Type of Government: Multiparty liberal democracy under Monarchy
- Head of State: His Majesty the King Norodom Sihamoni
** Please note that the information provided above is intended to serve as a rough guide only and is likely to change at any time.
Tavoos is not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided, as any changes are out of our control.
ABOUT SIEM REAP
Siem Reap, a resort town in northwestern Cambodia, is the gateway to the ruins of Angkor, the seat of the Khmer kingdom from the 9th–15th centuries. Angkor’s vast complex of intricate stone buildings includes preserved Angkor Wat, the main temple, which is pictured on Cambodia’s flag. Giant, mysterious faces are carved into the Bayon Temple at Angkor Thom.
Siem Reap is full of culture, art and international cuisine. Visitors often find themselves wanting to extend their stay as they discover all the fascinating restaurants and entertainment the town has to offer.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
#25, Group 4, Vihear Chin Village,
Svay Dangkum Commune,
Siem Reap, 17252
© 2020 Tavoos Yoga Cafe & Wellness Center. All Rights Reserved.
Tavoos B.V. – KvK: 75619857
IBAN: NL21BUNQ2036601405 BIC/SWIFT: BUNQNL2AXXX
TAVOOS IS A YOGA ALLIANCE© REGISTERED SCHOOL, AS WELL REGISTERED UNDER THE CAMBODIA KUNBOKATOR FEDERATION.
mon-fri: 07.00 – 22:00
sat: 07.00 – 21:00
+855 (0)96 375 3273